Welcome! To join us, please check out our Meetup page HERE! On Meetup you can view and RSVP for our upcoming team races, training runs, and other team events.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team trains together for races ranging from 5Ks to Marathons. We provide smart and effective training plans to help members achieve their racing goals: a first time BQ, lifetime Personal Record or simply run faster than the last time (and have fun along the way!). We are a team that is dedicated the power of teammates. We each have different goals, but we chase them together.
- Racing Team: Come race with us! There is something very special about putting on your team’s race singlet on race day. Let’s #dropthehammer together! Whippets support each other from base building to the finish line.
- Training Plans: Our training plans and weekly workouts are developed by the coaching team here in Boston together with the Dashing Whippets coaching team in NYC. Members can choose how closely they follow these plans.
- Weekly group long run and workouts: Coming to training runs isn’t mandatory, but it’ll give you a better idea of who we are and whether the team is a good fit for you. Review our schedule and RSVP for events on Meetup.
- Team social events: Throughout the year, we host events where members can relax, have fun, and get to know each other over brunch or beers, etc.
- Discount Codes: 15% at Running Warehouse, 20% at BOA, 15% at Rabbit Apparel, and 15% at Marathon Sports stores.
- Grand Prix Series: The Dashing Whippets Grand Prix, new for 2018, is a fun way to incentivize group participation in specific local and regional races. Points are awarded in the following six categories: Participation, Personal Record, Team Record, Team Finisher, Overall Finisher, and Age-Group Finisher.
- Team Gear: We currently have race singlets and long sleeve shirts for sale. More gear coming soon!
- Social Media Community: Join us on Strava, Facebook, Instagram (@dwrtbos, tag us and #dwrtbos to share run and race photos), and Twitter and join the conversation! Members (who subscribe to messages on Meetup) will also receive updates, Whippet Wisdom posts, and Race recaps throughout the year.
- 2019 Team Dues are $20. The Board is committed to keeping membership affordable for everyone. You will be prompted to pay dues when you join our Meetup group and can pay directly HERE. You will become an official member of DWRT-Boston as soon as you pay your annual dues and complete the required membership forms (see below).
- Potential members have a 90 day free trial period to check out the team and make sure it’s a good fit.
- We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, so all income is used for the benefit of the members and the organization as a whole. Basic operating costs include apparel purchases, liability insurance, corporate fees, and team memberships in USATF and Road Runners Club of America, through which we maintain our nonprofit status. With these dues, we plan to improve our apparel options, subsidize coaching certifications, expand team events (maybe organize our own race someday!), and help us improve as a team.
- All members and prospective members (even during the 90-day trial period) must fill out the Application Form prior to participation in group runs, races, or other events. The Application Form will ask members to confirm their acceptance of our Code of Conduct and electronically sign a Waiver.
- Our Application Form will help us keep track of membership, tailor training plans to meet individual needs, and better serve the goals of the team. It is required for membership pursuant to RRCA rules.
Members are asked to fully complete their Meetup profile and DWRT-Boston specific questions. Please include an identifiable photo (of you) and your full name. All other information is optional but encouraged. Your DWRT-Boston profile is a good way to introduce yourself to your new teammates.
Also, if you are a USATF member, please update your USATF profile to indicate that you represent DWRT-Boston.
Please let us know if you have any questions!
David, James, Adam, Megan, Matt, Daniela, and Jon