The DWRT Grand Prix Series, new for 2018, is designed to promote camaraderie while fostering some fun intra-team competition in terms of participation, individual improvement, and overall speed. Points are awarded in the following six categories: Participation, Personal Record, Team Record, Team Finisher, Overall Finisher, and Age-Group Finisher. At the end of the year, prizes will be awarded based on both overall participation and number of points. All members are eligible, though in order to receive credit, you must wear DWRT gear.
Tentative 2018 Schedule (limited substitutions may be possible):
- Super Sunday 5k/5 Mile – Cambridge (Feb. 4)
- New Bedford Half – New Bedford (March 18)
- BAA 5K or Boston Marathon – Boston (April 14 or 16)
- Esplanade 5k Sunset Run – Boston (May TBD)
- BAA 10K – Boston (June 24)
- Summer Race TBD
- Baystate Marathon or Half Marathon – Lowell (October 21)
- Bill Rogers Jingle Bell 5k – Somerville (December TBD)
- Trail, XC, or Track Wildcard
- Open Wildcard
Grand Prix Rules:
- To be eligible for the DWRT Grand Prix, members must wear DWRT gear in the points race (exceptions to the DWRT gear rule will be made if the member is representing a charity).
- To be eligible for the DWRT Grand Prix, members must have filled out the required membership forms (application questionnaire, including Waiver and Code of Conduct)
- To be eligible for the DWRT Grand Prix, members must have paid their 2018 dues (runners who join the Whippets later in the year – after already participating in qualifying races – may submit those results)
- Members must submit their results to be counted.
Grand Prix Points Distribution:
All participants sporting DWRT gear at a grand prix event receive 10 points—cheering or volunteering at a race earns you 10 points too! Additional points are assigned as follows (detailed breakdown on 2018 points spreadsheet):
|Finisher in DWRT Grand Prix Race||Points|
|First DWRT Finisher (M/F)||20 points|
|Second DWRT Finisher (M/F)||15 points|
|Third DWRT Finisher (M/F)||10 points|
|First Overall Finisher (M/F)||15 points|
|Second Overall Finisher (M/F)||10 points|
|Third Overall Finisher (M/F)||5 points|
|First in Age Group||15 points|
|Second in Age Group||10 points|
|Third in Age Group||5 point|
|Team Record||15 points|
|Personal Record||15 points|
Note: A participant may earn points in multiple categories. As an example, the first place Whippet who places third overall in a race and sets a PR would get points as follows: 20+5+15=40 points. This is on top of the 10 points for participating.
Bonus points: Receive 10 bonus points for each race you complete after your first four. In other words, complete 6 Grand Prix races and receive 20 bonus points.
Email us with questions at dwrtbos [at] dashingwhippets.org